Monday, April 14, 2008

Better Living Through Absurdity

This will be a ridiculously brief entry, as I am sick and have to face a lecture and a presentation tomorrow morning and all I really want to do is...well not be sick obviously.

So -I took some medicine a little while ago and happened to fall asleep. Shortly before entering dreamland, I was pondering the amount of Vitamin C and Zinc I had taken -easily 2 weeks worth of the recommended daily dose in about an hour. I worried that perhaps I was doing my innards some sort of irreparable harm. But no such thing -as it turns out, I was damaging my psyche a lot more!

According to the clock, about an hour had passed, when I woke up in a panic and began feeling my arms and legs, my face and my throat. After this bizarre inspection, I sighed with relief and then shook my head at my stupidity.

You see, while asleep I had a dream which somehow, some way -had convinced me that because of all of those supplements I took, I had mutated into a metal-covered orange slice. As if that wasn't bad enough, I was wearing (don't ask me what an orange slice has to hide!) a pink frilly apron and I was crying about my steak and kidney pie having fallen in the oven...not something I knew could happen to steak and kidney pie but I suppose it's not impossible.

Now granted -if you take into the account that I was worried about supplements, I had been emailed a picture of this apron pattern (the finished one happened to be pink) earlier in the day, my eyes had been watering all day due to being sick and...well I got nothing for the steak and kidney pie -but everything else I can account for -if you take all of that together, well the dream seems almost...normal.

Well okay, not NORMAL. But at least a lot less random.

Wait wait...as I was about to close this -it came to me -I realize where the steak and kidney pie came from -the steak was from a conversation with a girl at work about a good steak and the kidney is from the gruesome book I'm reading where not only are a lot of people eviscerated but a girl pleaded kidney problems so the cops would let her go to the bathroom and then she ran for it -and the pie...........

yeah okay still got nothing for that.

If only it had been a steak and kidney apple fritter. THEN it would all connect.

Cripes -the above is rather disturbing. Back to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the whole thing is disturbing, or the choice of mutant fritter is disturbing? :)

Thérèse said...

I'd have to agree -monstrously large fritter...that has potential for goodness -mutant fritter just spells disaster and mayhem!