Friday, October 3, 2008

Bedbugs LII

Bedbugs LII

Click here for an explanation of how Bedbugs is created.

Click here for last week's Bedbugs.




It's warmer in the basement than I thought it'd be.
At first, nothing, on a cold day in March I'm searching
for meaning in a ruin. Suddenly the scratchy song kicks
in. Memories as she throws sticks at me, worker drones filing
in, empty classrooms that were full is the language of spies
even though it's quiet, my ears hurt! Only way
out of this is when I move forward, realizing
the record repeating is a manifestation of my bad habits.
Automaticity. Stuck in an endless pattern, down in
a forgotten basement. Euphoric, I am scared..the
problem is too deep under bridges, the problem
is the solution.

A wind picks up in a room that has no windows.
Am I being followed? Am I the shadow while
the real me didn't arrive yet? Emotion pours forth as
I make my way in near-dark to a room that has
faded paint, green ribbons on the floor
with another color mixed in THAT DOES NOT EXIST.
The song is habits, neuroses, fears,
drones and worker tendencies, she wanted to be
in the mountains while I stayed downstairs..

The deepest breath is taken. Spirits are coming for me.
I reach into the ether where the sound originates
and imagine pulling a rusted needle
off a living phonograph.

The cycle is broken. No longer downstairs,
I am home. I am new. I can decide my fate.
What I forgot to say was...


-------------------------

Bedbugs has run once a week for 52 weeks, beginning

October 11, 2007. I expect cycle two to climax in its

100th week. After that, the future is unknown.

thank you,

Adam Barnick




END CYCLE ONE

image(c) 2007 Absurda. No infrigement
intended or inferred.

6 comments:

Peter Rinaldi said...

what a tremendous accomplishment, my friend. congratulations.

Brian Hughes said...

Amazing! The work you've done is outstanding!

There is no one doing this and it's so cool that the BBF has it.

Anonymous said...

very intriguing.

Thérèse said...

Considering this was one of the ways I got hooked on the BBF, I'm just so proud of you for reaching this goal!! I can't wait to see what future exercises produce!!

Adam Barnick said...

Bedbugs Cycle Two (or Bedbugs LIII for those Roman numerically inclined) will begin this Thursday.

The format remains the same. The journey, however, is different.

See you there.

Anonymous said...

And by Thursday, I meant Saturday. -A.B.