Monday, October 29, 2007

Weakly Installed

"Weakly Installed" is a weekly written installment from Mary, the newest contributor to The Boutros Boutros Follies.

My parents introduced me to a boy.
I held my leg behind my back in shyness.

Since it was his house,
He gave me a tour of his things.
I showed him what I had brought in my bag
We played and played and cursed our parents for their disruption.

Then we wrestled together.
Corduroys and jumpers intertwined.
Shaggy haircuts swished.
A faint moisture collected about our napes.
We collapsed upon ourselves and whispered truly nothings.
I had been smelling his peanut butter breath for hours
And the dog became our friend again.

He acted really strange when it was time to go.
I didn’t like him then at all.
I didn’t know why he was so violent and rude to his parents.
The house was suddenly cold and foreign.
We left when he was still on time out.

No comments: