Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bedbugs XXII

Bedbugs XXII



Click here for an explanation of how Bedbugs is created.

Click here for last week's Bedbugs.





Follow me, it said, to the choosing place. There's memories,
ashes rubbed on the walls and they intend me to add to the texture.
I'm awake, stuck back there though. Uninspired out in the field,
waiting for all of it to come to him. We spend our twenties this way.
Speeding down an empty highway that turns into a vacant
lot, 12 of them red, match any offer the men in ties
can be assumed to come up with. Tattoed on the inside
of their bodies are the revolutionary statements
and ideas they will never let out. Screaming after rehab and
before exsanguination, they belong in the line I left.
My genetics and drive have assumed the appearance
of a dry riverbed. I'm out of turn as far as
cerebellum court deems me fit for. . another three years?
Who filed their metal plates up north with the group that
deemed this anywhere above garbage? I found speaking
better than doing, somehow.




Next week's seven phrases/groups of words:




-friends only when you face them
-emotion sanded off the surface
-lying to plastic faces
-last man standing unfortunately
-decided it will remain that way
-two in quick succession
-I still love you.



-Adam

2 comments:

Thérèse said...

"Tattooed on the inside of their bodies are the revolutionary statements and ideas they will never let out"...

I think I might tattoo that ON my body!! Beautiful line.

Liöüx said...

I like that line too, Thérèse!