Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bedbugs XXIV

Bedbugs XXIV



Click here for an explanation of how Bedbugs is created.

Click here for last week's Bedbugs.




She’s been left alone in the room once again by yet
another person who doesn’t see that the slightest
gesture might save her. The amount of pain per
hour isn’t measured but they know to work on tell
me when it hits 30 sounds like the best way to know
to stay away from lights and sounds and relatives
and those excited about the silence between
sounds.

Climbing the stairs two at a time like we did when
we were kids with potential and good credit… now
we need a cane just to think about it. Hallway goes
on forever, but I used to get to the other side before
I’d complexions in different lighting, sad looks sad
no matter which mirror. Wish I could make it
brighter for you. Complicated atmospheric intention
gets in the way better than liquid subtext poured on
the stains to make them more manageable. There’s
little hope written down, you have to keep it in your
head without help. I did care for her, we all did. We
just couldn’t because everyone else wants to do it,
was how the excuse jumble poured forth. Next up is
a fifth of the man he used to be. Brain scattered,
purpose lost and two types of smiles I can’t return.




Next week's seven phrases/groups of words:



-I promise someone will care for her
-running the rake
-all the sounds turned off
-make me one with everything
-waste of ten year’s time
-managing to keep me intrigued
-nothing rhymes with apathy




-Adam Barnick

No comments: