Friday, August 1, 2008

Bedbugs XLIII

Bedbugs XLIII


Click here for an explanation of how Bedbugs is created.

Click here for last week's Bedbugs.


"I'm disappointed in you," the artificial box says, attached to
the machine pretending to be my wife. I'd turn it off but
what's the use? Another distraction is at the door; the decay
has left three holes in the floor; none of which anyone can fit through.
The moment has been prepared for. I'm giving up on you.
And this time I mean it. No matter man in white on the top of it
must be pretending to be God; well, SOMEBODY has to.. I'll
shut it out. Anything that could change us into what we should
or want to be. 44 years of denial- one day, who's going
to reach this and lay in the field, as they add color and sirens
of the aural and flesh-covered kind. I need one to lie down here.
Make me wait for anything real? Sadly someone, if not the entire
population, will. The phone in her head won't stop ringing.
I snicker at the potential punchline.
Exactly four years ago things sucked but were proclaimed 'the good
old days.' Breaking a glass, the third man carves 'this is all
a waste of time' into the wall. It oozes sap, bleeding like he can't.
Turning, smiling, two rows of teeth on top and bottom. Knowing
Dad's health is improving is a fine wish. But even if everyone gets it
together, she might not. Can't wait for you forever.


Next week's seven phrases/groups of words:


-on trial again
-four black dresses
-nobody reads this or anything else
-I volunteer to take it
-shouldn't people be here
-people shouldn't be here
-it's improving in small increments


-adam

No comments: