Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bedbugs XLVII

Bedbugs XLVII

Click here for an explanation of how Bedbugs is created.

Click here for last week's Bedbugs.


Kidding, cajoling, prodding and finally begging. Ask it why
you're here. Its mouth opens to reveal a huge eye,
staring right through you. Grey metal doors, bright red patch
of skin sewn onto the wall. When she runs out of stuff to
organize, there's nothing left but her and her toxic thoughts.
I wish I could help, but where do you think the infection
CAME from? No more patterns resembling insects
dancing across my skin like deficiency tattoos.
Clarity is earned; never bought. Running through the field
before the rain comes...It might be my last chance.
It's beautiful to watch through a screen door. Any experience
is. But that's not what we're built for. Thirty seven
repeated in each room on the living wallpaper that
alters, depending on who's looking. The child
walked in, took one look and screamed. Scrawled in
an expensive tome are his and the world's secrets.
Nobody is ready for them. You're about wasting time
and timing time, never making it. Brand me with
your ideas across my leg; just sterilize the metal
first, lest you catch something from ME. "Nobody
reads it so why spend so long.." In my head she
cuts me off with a kiss. It was worth
the distraction it brought. Professional victims
need not apply.


Next week's seven phrases/groups of words:

-need me to do your own job
-planting future's seed was a smart idea
-I like a bit of pain
-it can tell which room you're in
-listening to the same track
-yellow on one side only
-protect one of them


-Adam Barnick

No comments: