Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bedbugs LVI

Bedbugs LVI


Click here for an explanation of how Bedbugs is created.

Click here for last week's Bedbugs.



All of us woke up at the same time but when
the blinds opened, the room stayed at the same level
of muffled light. She screamed. I promise we'll survive a
minor mental heart attack but she wasn't having any of it.
Cut your palm intentionally and you still won't wake up. That's
someone else's heartbeat, I promise you. We run downstairs
and it's dark yet I can see everything..the sky's pitch black
and ruined costumes are in the trash. Sadly too young for us,
that ambition. Running a mile to the water, the city is covered
in a cloud..not a storm or something violent, but that muffled
ether that clouded the song that used to repeat in my head..
what is going on? Better averages of knowing story coming
from the next room
is what I think up next. Makes no sense.
Are we being affected? Few folks scatter and I run back to the
apartment knowing faking an accent of honesty. Tell me what the
clock says doesn't matter
. The weird high pitched noise, like
when your eardrums blow out, is increasing. Back to bed. Hide.
Force sleep till it comes. Maybe rejuvinated, none too soon.


Next week's seven phrases/groups of words:


-want for nothing
-fake wings in the dumpster out back
-someone collapsed upstairs
-I love this type of weather
-for two hours
-that's the best the team came up with
-shock me.



-Adam Barnick

1 comment:

Brian Hughes said...

The whole dark, cloudy setting seems to mirror the crazy, uncertain economic times ...nicely executed.