Monday, January 14, 2008

THE BUCKET LIST by Frank Palmcoast



When he's not watching, with beads of sweat, his fellow, legally blind, senior citizens parallel park, Frank Palmcoast is catching seven dollar movies at the local multiplex from sunny Pompano Beach, Florida. He's retired, he's angry at the world, he can't spell to save his life, and he hates Hollywood almost as much as Hilary Clinton, but that will not stop our irreverent, dementia fightin', AARP card carrying everyman from giving us a fresh take on all things Hollyweird. Besides, how can he pass up that marvelous senior citizen discount?


This week ... his take on The Bucket List.


******************************************************


A great movie about death. Two great elderly actors that handle emotion and the fun parts well. Both actors bear their soles in front of the camera and I really felt what they felt!
I thank god this movie had an ending because many other movies this year didn't. At times for me this was a globe trotting version of Grumpy Old Men. I believe this flick was to be about the way these two older men spend their final days but the film wastes a third of the time hanging out in the hospital. By the way I almost didn't see this movie because of the poor reviews but I'm sure glad I saw it. The acting of course was outstanding and the story was ok and these bad critics need to "FIND THE JOY" and you'll have to see the movie to understand that! For me The Bucket List is a combination of Shawshank Redemption and As Good As It Gets, Go see this movie and you will laugh and shed a few tears. I for one new all about Kopi Luak before I saw this movie and I think this movie would be very hard for someone facing a serious illness. I just loved Nicholson's joke about 3 things old people learn:1) Never pass up a bathroom,2) Never waste an erection and 3)Never, ever trust a fart!
Don't miss it!

No comments: